Saturday, February 3, 2007

Woah...this is a long one!

YES! I HAVE A COMPUTER AGAIN!

Okay....so the long and short of it...When I quit my job they had to take the laptop back, AAAAAHHHHHHHHH MY LIFE CRASHED DOWN AROUND ME! NO MORE CONTACT WITH TREVOR 24/7, for just in cases lol! BUT, I figured I could just sleep in "Trevor's Room" beside our home computer and do it that way. BUT...I come home the day I quit to set up the home computer with all of my stuff...AND BAM! I RUN INTO HELLISH PROBLEMS!

Background: This home computer hasn't been turned on for like 8/9 months or more! My mom just uses her lap top and I always just used mine. Therefore, when I turn it on, it was like Pandora's Box! Okay sorry...long story short...The IP address was running at a 169.xxx.... and I asked Trevor's big bro about that and he told me that meant our computer wasn't pulling our IP address properly...I unplug the modem...restart the comp...plug the modem back in...then unplugged the router...then plugged it back in...(In between all that I had to disconnect our anti-virus and firewall protector)....this worked....until I had to restart the comp...and the damn internet wouldn't connect AGAIN! I figured out it was our SHITTY anti-virus/firewall provider...our firewalls were conflicting and we didn't have the proper updates! Soooo....I had to remove the one we had...find our login name and password...download the NEW software...then UPDATE OVER 40 UPDATES ON THE COMPUTER! GAH! TALK ABOUT THE STONE AGE! YIKES! No wonder the computer wasn't working properly! Anywho....over 4 hours later...TADA! I can now fall asleep beside a working, running computer all night AGAIN :D For the "just-incase-Trevor-signs-ons"!!!

By the by....I HAVE RECEIVED in the last three days....TWO PHONE CALLS AND 1 MSN CONVO!!! OMG....EACH PHONE CALL WAS JUST OVER AN HOUR!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Oh and by accident Trevor let slip that he had flowers ordered for me...to arrive on VALENTINE'S DAY!! <3>

OH OH...and Trevor was talking to me on the phone yesterday about the type of ring he is going to get for me in Cypress....it went like this...

Background info : My dad asked Trevor to bring an Afghani rock home (Yup...I don't get it either), but dad said he just wants a piece of the terrain...he's apparently interested...what a cute papa! Anywho...When I was on the phone with Trevor, dad asked me to ask him if he got the rock...I tell dad that Trevor says yes...and Dad says, "Good...tell him if he comes home without the rock he can't marry my daughter!" so I say this to Trevor and you know what he says..."Does he mean the rock...or the diamond?!" ROFL! YES *double arm pumps* I GET A DIAMOND WOOT WOOT!!! Anywho...we were talking about how I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE *PUKE* *PUKE* *PUKE* MASSIVE solitaire diamonds...like the ones on the really skinny girls that look like it's going to drag her knuckles to the ground and force her to drag them like an ape! and the ones that are so big they twist on the finger and end up on the palm side anyway! So my point was, that I like unique fancy rings with coloured stones (mostly the saphire or rubies) with a smaller diamond in the middle. He wrote it all down and is looking for one in Cypress!!! OH BE STILL MY HEART! And he is STILL planning on purchasing a suit there!! YAY! ONLY 5 WEEKS AS OF TODAY UNTIL TREVOR LANDS IN EDMONTON!!!

Love ya Trevor!

2 comments:

Lana said...

EEEE! I'm so excited for you- lol, be careful, don't want to violate OPSEC or whatever it's called and get them delayed ;). *does a little dance* Computers are evil evil creatures.

Unknown said...

I am glad to here that your computer is running and that you are hooked in again.