Saturday, January 27, 2007

I say..."NO!"

Okay....this post will most likely seem completely TERRIBLE to most of you...but you have to understand my phobia...a real, true phobia....you must understand it to really feel this post...Here goes:

"Blood, It's in you to give."

Really?!? Is It? I could have sworn I NEEDED IT TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! YOU ALL SUCK!!!! IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! boo :(

Okay...I completely understand the need for blood to give to strangers who's lives are hanging on a limb, closer to dying every second because they need a blood transfusion....that's understandable and all if they need blood....because, yes....THEY NEED IT TO LIVE!!! Now, if someone who received a blood transfusion then woke up in their hospital bed after the procedure and turned the T.V. on to a commercial that was all sappy and made him/her want to cry because he/she feels so blessed to receive blood, but then BAM the end of the commercial hits him/her...."Blood, It's in you to give."

SHIT! I JUST RECEIVED THIS BLOOD SO I COULD LIVE!!! AND NOW THEY SAY IT'S IN ME TO GIVE?!?!?! GAH....THE TUG-OF-WAR YOU ARE PLAYING WITH MY SOUL!!!! TAKE IT BACK??? YOU WANT IT BACK???? WHY, OH WHY!!!!!!!??????

(Okay....I apologize for the rant....BUT DAMNIT, If I weren't so scared of needles I wouldn't be so turned off by that slogan!....maybe come up with something a little better...like "Blood 4 Life - Giving it to Live through it"...why not....it's catchy!")

Yay for donating blood!! Just not me...not until I get over my phobia...which I'm hoping to do soon so I can donate 100 times to finish my dad's goal, because he got stopped at 88 because of his mini heart attack....Go dad!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I agree with you entirely. I can not and will not ever give blood.

Think about it - if I pass out while getting a small vial of blood taken, what's going to happen when I give a whole big LARGE amount? I'd pass out more. My system would go into shock. I'd be fucked, really.

I got a tattoo in June, meaning that I can't donate blood for a year since then. Maybe I should just get tattooed/pierced every year so that I don't have to give blood?

And, if you travel to a foreign country, you can't donate ever again anyhow. Fly to spain, come back, be wonderfully blood-donating free.

Also, my blog is linked.

Lana said...

I AGREE! NO NEEDLES FOR ME!